BY GUSTAVO ARELLANO
Boom and Bust
Just what got us into this mess?
by Alan Pittman
On Sept. 29 Congress and the public balked at a $700 billion dollar Wall Street bailout.
Endorsements At a Glance
EW’s choices in measures and contested races
• President of the U.S.
Best of Eugene 2008-2009: Retail Therapy
Best New Business
Best of Eugene 2008-2009: Eat Your Heart Out
1. Wandering Goat Organic Coffee Roasters 268 Madison St. 344-5161.
2. Full City Coffee Roasters 295 E. 13th Ave., 465-9270; 842 Pearl St., 344-0475.
3. Dutch Bros. www.dutchbros.com
All exhibits free unless otherwise noted.
Art of Glass Sculpted puppets and art dolls by Candice Westberg, through Nov. 27. An opening is 6pm Friday. 9am-5:30pm M-F; 9am-4pm Sa. 790 Blair.
Whoever says that environmental issues and economic progress do not go hand-in-hand just do not have the facts.
Best of Eugene 2008-2009: The Kitchen Sink
Best all-ages hangout
Best of Eugene 2008-2009: Civic Pride
Best local uproar
1. The Tasing of Ian Van Ornum
2. Downtown: development/exclusion zone/cleaning up
3. Mayoral race
Best of Eugene 2008-2009:
Sex, Drugs and Rock'n'Roll
Echo Down the Ticket
Obama ... mah ... mah ... mah
by Tony Corcoran
The Best of Eugene 2008-2009
The Rocky Horror Picture Show