- This event has passed.
2nd Friday Art Walk
September 14 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm• Free
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk September Guided Tour
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk will take place on Friday, September 14, from 5-8 pm with the guided tour beginning at Emerald Art Center located at 500 Main Street at 5:30. Our special art walk guide will be Mija Andrade as our Guest Host for September. She is the Development Director for the Oregon Supported Living Program (OSLP) and manages their Arts and Culture Program. Discover a variety of artful venues, art and artists and enjoy Downtown Springfield. Tour maps will be available at Emerald Art Center and other downtown merchants.
1. Emerald Art Center-500 Main St- “The Third Annual Photography at the Emerald”- a national juried show. This year the autumn exhibition includes 91 photographs from 74 photographers from 27 states.
2. City Hall Gallery-225 A. St. – Artwork by Jesús Cruz, Jr. Exhibit: Sept. 1-30, 2018 Artist reception: Friday, Sept. 14, 5-7 p.m. Join us for light refreshments and live music.
3. The Artisan’s Quarter-240 Main St. – Art by Alejandro Sarimento; landscapes, animals, drawings, acrylic paintings. Enjoy the ambiance of acoustic guitar by singer-songwriter, Megan Johns. Wine reception 5-8pm.
4. Haven-349 Main St. – Haven Home Garden and Gift will be hosting local artist Bev Taylor. Bev will be demonstrating her Pen and Ink artwork while we enjoy her series of ‘Home and About’
5. Springfield Museum-590 Main St- Steve La Riccia. “The Imaginarium of Steamworks” by R & D Labs. On display September 14-October 27 2018 Opening Reception September 14, 5pm-8pm
6. Tronson Gallery of Contemporary Art-740 Main St.-Educating Art: Lane Faculty. Complimentary refreshments served.
Other Participating Venues:
7. Cascade Center for Spiritual Living-741 Main St. – Featured artist, Roma Gilman “Different mediums, different subjects, different times”.
8. 100 Mile Bakery- 418 A St.- Featuring the works of Linda Schindele.
9. Dark and Stormy Food and Garden Lounge-420 Main St-Featuring Father and Daughter artists. Metal Sculptures from Merle Rothweiler and Canvas art by B. Rothweiler. Also, Arsenio Baca is the other featured artist.
10. Stop and Drop Yoga-326 Main St-(Through the entrance of Washburne Café)- Paintings by artist is Eliza Williams
11. 331 Mosaic-331Main St-Heather Storrs will be doing a live demonstration during the art walk. Refreshments will be available.
12. Hearts for Hospice-444 Main St- Artist, Hilary Norton, will have her work, Abstract Encaustics on display. Gypsy Dan will be singing and playing his guitar. Complimentary homemade desserts made by Paco will be served along with wine and other beverages.
13. U.S Bank-437 Main St.-.Featured Art Works by Bill Rutherford
14. Simply Cycle-303 Main St. – TBD
15. Clearwater Park Trail Head-7th South B-Testa Sculptures