- This event has passed.
2nd Friday Art Walk
March 9 • 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm• free
Downtown Springfield Second Friday Art Walk|March Guided Tour
The Springfield Downtown 2nd Friday Art Walk is inviting you to join the “March of the Mad Hatters” theme on Friday, March 9th from 5:30- 8:00 pm. Our guest guide leading the walk will be Miriam Alexis Jordan. Miriam has been a part of the community art scene as an advocate administrator at Diva, Jacobs Gallery, the University of Oregon and now at Emerald Art Center. The fun begins at Emerald Art Center at 5:30. Wear your own version of a wacky hat and join the march down Main Street to several artful venues.
- Emerald Art Center-500 Main St-Visiting Artist, Ed Labadie, will be presenting a collection of watercolors, oils and acrylics “Celebrating the Grandeur of Nature”. Ed will also be doing a painting demo. “Reflections of Beauty” by featured member Artist Lou Magoncia.
- City Hall Gallery-225 A. St.- Featured paintings by: Cork Larsen. Music provided by: Laurel Chamber Players. Light refreshments provided.
- Hearts for Hospice-444 Main St-Hearts for Hospice is pleased to have Anna Walker share her photography with us. Patty Sage and The Refreshments will be performing 60’s and other musical treats for our listening pleasure. Complimentary treats and drinks will be provided with cookies by Paco, of course.
- 331 Mosaic -331 Main St. – Featured Artist Hannah Themann. Hannah is a resident of Her work is wheel thrown and hand built clay pieces, macramé plant hangars, and handmade leather-bound books.
- Memento Ink – 525 Main St. – Featured artist Kari Jensen. “Narrative, Magic Realism, Imaginative Realism, Illustrative, Mementist…all works used to describe the style of my creative visions, whether it be on paper, canvas or clay.”
- A3 Arts Academy and Academics-615 Main St-Featuring a variety of media by A3 Students.
- Tronson Gallery of Contemporary Art-740 Main St-New paintings by Jean Denis. Complementary refreshments will be served.
Other Partcipating Venues:
- 100 Mile Bakery-418 A. St.- Pastels and Giclee Pastel Prints by Lynn Sabol
- Cascade Center for Spiritual Living-741 Main St.- Photographer/Author/Artist: Shirley Collins. “Creative Transitions”. Creativity unleashes itself in unexplained, surprising and joyful ways as we age. You are invited to celebrate with me my 30+ year path of “Creative Transitions.”
- Springfield Museum-590 Main St- Exhibition about the 150 year history of Oregon Granges.
- S Bank-437 Main St.- Featuring oil paintings by Kris Stewart. Open till 6:00 pm
- Haven-349 Main St- TBD