- This event has passed.
Kids Earth Day Art Show Contest
February 13 • 8:00 am - March 15 • 5:00 pm
Kids, you are invited to submit original art in an Earth Day Art Show Contest! The art will be displayed at the Eugene Public Library (kids room) during the months of April and May. An opening and awards ceremony will be held on Saturday April 21st at 3pm.
- Original art about the theme (pencil, crayon, marker, pen, watercolor, paint, collage, anything flat!)
- Artist must be between 4 and 18 years old. Adults, please do not help with the art.
- Make art on paper sized 8.5 x 11 or 11 x 17 inches.
- Art must be submitted by March 16th.
Theme: What can we do to stop climate change? Share your solution ideas that heal and protect the Earth.
(Example ideas: alternative transportation (walking, riding bikes, taking the bus, carpooling), write letters to the editor, renewable energy solutions (solar, wind power), starting an eco club, teaching others about climate change, buying local food and products, doing activities that don’t use electricity, growing a garden, going to the farmers market, sharing and reusing toys and clothes, talking to your school or city council, speak up for the Earth, and your ideas!)
A group of local artists will choose 3 entries in each age group to win a prize.
(Three ages groups 4-8, 9-12, 13-18)
- 13-18 year olds: Win $75 cash, movie tickets, or a gift certificate.
- 9-12 year olds: Win $50 cash, movie tickets, or a gift certificate.
- 4-8 year olds: Win gift certificates to kid-friendly local businesses.
Art on Display
Art will be displayed for public viewing at the Eugene Public Library Children’s area during April and May. All artists and their families are invited to a public opening on April 21st at 3pm.
How to Enter
Fill out the entry form (download it from http://world.350.org/eugene/events/2018/02/art-contest/) and bring your completed artwork to one of the drop off points or mail it by March 16th. Be sure to label your art!
Turn in your completed art and entry form by March 16th to
- Mail to: 1848 Orchard St. Eugene 97403
- Or drop off during business/school hours at: Ridgeline Montessori (4500 W Amazon Dr, Eugene, OR 97405) or First United Methodist Church (1376 Olive St, Eugene, OR 97401)
This art show is sponsored by 350 Eugene. www.world.350.org/eugene/