Smith Family Bookstore’s Holiday Book Recommendations
525 Willamette Street. 541-343-4717. SmithFamilyBookstore.com
The Overstory by Richard Powers. W.W. Norton & Co., $18.95
Little Weirds by Jenny Slate. Little Brown and Company, $27.00
Circe by Madeline Miller. Little Brown and Company, $27.00
City of Brass: A Novel by S.A. Chakraborty. Harper Collins, $16.00
Thirteen Doorways, Wolves Behind Them All by Laura Ruby. Balzer + Bray, $17.99
Guts by Raina Telgemeier. Graphix, $12.99
Now I Can See the Moon by Alice Tallmadge. She Writes Press, $16.95
A Better Man by Louise Penny. Minotaur Books, $28.99
Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets by Svetlana Alexievich. Random House, $20.00
— Evon Smith, Cody Mendonca, Eric Leaf, Madeline Moulton, Michelle Loew, Jurgen Ruckaberle, Petra Attanasio for Smith Family Bookstore
Bestsellers from STAR GATE Awareness Resources
1374 Willamette Street 541-342-8348
Monday- Saturday 11am to 6pm
1) The Empath Experience: What To Do When You Feel Everything by Sydney Campos. $15.99
2) Dreams of Gaia Tarot (Pocket Edition) by Ravynne Phelan. (Pocket): Beautiful Earthy Art. $23.95
3) Practice You (Journal): Write, Reflect, Dream by Elena Brower. $16.95
4) Everyday Witch Oracle: Our Hottest New Deck $23.99
5) How to Heal Toxic Thoughts by Sandra Ingerman (perennial bestseller). $9.95
6) Android Jones Dharma Dragon Journal Electromineralism Art $22.95
7) The Science of Self-Empowerment by Gregg Braden (bestselling author). $16.99
8) Wild Wood Tarot: A Mystical Journey for Answers by John Mathews. $19.95
9) Hopi Prophecy Now! One Heart Awakening: Native Truth for These Times by Adom. $16.95
10) The Yoga Sutras: A new Translation: Most Asked of Sutras of Patanjali by Nicholas Sutton. $19.99
Tsunami Books Staff Picks and Bestsellers
2585 Willamette Street. 541-345-8986. TsunamiBooks.org
Horizon by Barry Lopez. Knopf, $27.00.
Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk. Riverhead Books, $24.30.
A Velocity of Being: Letters to a Young Reader edited by Maria Papova and Claudia Bedrick. Enchanted Lion Books, $31.45.
Year of the Monkey by Patti Smith. Knopf, $22.45.
Mary Ventura and the Ninth Kingdom: A Story by Sylvia Plath. Harper, $8.99.
This Was Our Pact by Ryan Andrews. First Second, $13.50.
Morning Glory On The Vine: Early Songs and Drawings by Joni Mitchell. Houghton Mifflin, $36.
Palindrome: Grateful Reflections From The Home Ground by Tom Titus. Coastal Giant Press, $10.
Brigadoon of the Sixties: Revelry & Kerfuffles at the Oregon Country Fair by Suzi Prozanski. Coincidental Communications, $30.
Gender Queer: A Memoir by Maia Kobabe. Oni Press, $16.20.
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. Random House, $16.20.
Black Sun Books Top Five
2467 Hilyard Street. 541-484-3777.
1) Edge of Awe: Experiences of the Malheur-Steens Country by Alan L. Contreras (ed.), Ursula K. Le Guin (illus.), Oregon State University Press, $19.95.
2) The Trees of Eugene by Whitey Lueck, $15; Essays by Eugene’s No. 1 advocate for trees.
3) Pleasure Activism: The Politics of Feeling Good by Adrienne Maree Brown, AK Press, $20.
4) Graciela Iturbide’s Mexico by Kristen Gresh, MFA Publications, $49.95; a monograph by Mexico’s most innovative photographer.
5) Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo, Grove Atlantic, $17. Booker Prize 2019.
Browsers’ Books Top Four Old & New
Browsers’ Bookstore 121 NW 4th Street, Corvallis. 541-758-1121.
Browsers’ Bookstore, Vol. II. 1425 Pacific Boulevard SE, Albany. 541-926-2612
Mushrooms of Mary’s Peak and Vicinity by Steven Carpenter. Self-published, $18.
Dune by Frank Herbert; new introduction by Brian Herbert; book design & illustration by Matt Griffin. Ace, $40.
The Seitanic Spellbook: Recipes and Rantings of the Vegan Black Metal Chef by Brian Manowitz. Book Publishing Co., $30.
Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes by Edith Hamilton; illustrated by Jim Tierney. Black Dog & Leventhal, $30.
Children’s Books recommendations from Eugene Public Library
Bloom by Kevin Panetta with illustrations by Savanna Ganucheau. First Second, $24.99.
I Can Make This Promise by Christine Day (Upper Skagit, Pacific Northwest). HarperCollins, $16.99.
Lalani of the Distant Sea by Erin Entrada Kelly. Greenwillow, $16.99.
The Girl and the Wolf by Katherena Vermette with illustrations by Julie Flett. Theytus Books, $19.95.
Mommy’s Khimar by Jamilah Thompkins-Bigelow with illustrations by Ebony Glenn. Salaam Reads, $17.99.
My Papi Has a Motorcycle by Isabel Quintero with illustrations by Zeke Peña. Kokila, $17.99.
Lion and Mouse by Jairo Buitrago with illustrations by Rafael Yockteng. Groundwood, $18.95.
Thirty Minutes Over Oregon: A Japanese Pilot’s World War II Story by Marc Tyler Nobleman with illustrations by Melissa Iwai. Clarion, $17.99.
The Brilliant Deep: Rebuilding the World’s Coral Reefs by Kate Messner with illustrations by Matthew Forsythe. Chronicle, $17.99.
Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women by Rey Terciero with illustrations by Bre Indigo. Little, Brown, $24.99.