CarrotMob could make Eugene a greener place.
The local idea from the GreenLane Sustainable Business Network goes like this:
clipped from greenlane-sbn.org
- Businesses compete with how much good they are willing to do.
- Consumers choose one business they want to reward.
- Consumers support that business by making coordinated purchases.
- The most successful business gets rich.
- Consumers buy things that they would buy anyway, but by organizing themselves, they change the world.
The first environmental project according to the website will involve local coffee shops. There’s also a Carrotmob Eugene Facebook page.
The carrot, reverse eco-boycot idea appears to have had a big impact in San Francisco: